We're looking for young people who want to express their voices on topics that relate to youth now and in the future. These can be opinion articles, research articles, tips/hacks or even your old essays that have been edited to be a bit more 'conversational'. We want you to help build the largest collective of youth voices.
We want this blog to be a collaborative blog for youth, by youth. As such we only really have 3 rules:
- A maximum word limit per article of roughly 1000. (a couple hundred words over is fine if its necessary)
- We want the content of the articles to 100% reflect you. We wanna hear what you say! We just ask that you express it in a way that provides value in the content of each post, either in the form of advice, awareness, community strengthening, humanising experiences etc. Further Your articles should either be based off your personal experience, or substantiated by other sources.
- Nothing discriminatory or hateful, we want this to be a space that connects youth in a positive way through ideas and opinions that brings value to each other.
- Be yourself - this is a blog that aims to truly reflect the opinions, capabilities, knowledge and individuality that young people have
- Send through articles as frequently as you wish - we understand that you have work to do, things to study for and social lives to maintain. Whenever you find the time and inspiration for an article feel free to send them through.
- Spread the word - Please, please, please share articles with your friends and networks, and let other young people know they can contribute too.
- Be respectful - Pretty straightforward
- Passion - We want people to express their voices on things they are passionate about. If there aren't any categories of posts you want to write about, drop us a line to let us know what you want to write about and why.
- Writing - We are not looking for the most polished writers, or the most eloquent. This blog is meant to be for everyone, as long as you can write and express what you wanna say we'd love to have you! (if you are a polished writer we'd still definitely love for you to contribute)
- Age - This blog is for young contributors aged 16-25. We can make some exceptions to this, just let us know why you want to contribute.
If you're interested please fill out the Google form and we'll get back to you.